Search

Social Media

BTemplates.com

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 7, 2011

They say eReaders, Tables and Wireless / mobile are hot now


Friends out at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas are tweeting and sending updates that tablets and suped up mobile devices are the buzz in technology for 2011.  Expect to see a zillion tablets announced before the iPad finally dominates over all. And I figure we'll finally have the Driod / iPhone cellular smackdown in true WWE style at some point before Summer. 

Me? I'm still hanging in there with a pre-historic flip-phone. iCult followers accuse me of being an Apple Hater but I insist I'm not anti any computer manufacturer, just take a holistic view of the product. I've said it before, Apple has great designs, but why am I pummeled with juice boxes for saying their touch screen keyboard is small and awkward for touch typing?

I'm sure I'll switch over to a smart phone at some point. Just don't have a need to add $150 to the monthly cell bill. I figure the big cell service providers like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon will roll data into their basic plan (Remember at&t used to charge more for touch tone, back in oh, 1793? Rotary Dial? DTMF? Hello? Who's reading this, anyway?). Right now my cell provider only has two dumb phones available, and my flip phone is pretty beat up.

If my phone holds out a few more months, I may replace it with one of those fancy 21st century phones. Lets see what gadgets are released at CES. Otherwise, sing along with me to the tune, "If my phone only had a brain."